Friday, July 2, 2010

Get it together

Yesterday was the first day of the second half of the year. With that being said, I've been thinking. I need to get it together. After having Blake, being a mom of two boys at 31 has done a number on me. I thought I would take a moment and evaluate what I'm doing with my life and where I want to go. I'm not complaining by any means....I just need to regroup and refocus. I think it does the mind good to do this once in awhile.
  • Planning skills! This summer has been unusually busy for me. With doing family things, friend socials and planning for Jamie's shower and bachlorette party I've been a busy girl. I can't remember last time I had a free weekend. Some how I remember everything I need to do, every weekend, by memory! But what happens if I forget? That would be aweful. So today I bought a planner! That's right, it's time to write it down. Now when someone says "are you free" I won't have to say "not sure...I've been really busy, let me get back to you". It is big enough to write everything down that I need yet small enough to fit in my purse. Perfect!
  • Organize, Organize, Organize. Since Blakes wonderful arrival the house looks like hell. There is always stuff on the kitchen counter and the breakfast table. Blake always has a basket of clean laundry waiting to be put away (how does someone so little go thru so many clothes). I hardly ever vacum. Dusting has turned into a once a month thing. Everything seems to get shoved in my half of the closet. Once my sisters shower is done alot of my "piles" of stuff will be gone. I have 3 boxes of stuff that was in the "office" before Blake got here that needs to find a new home or go bye bye.
  • Devon's Room. I've never finished decorating that poor boys room. I need to go thru all the junk that gets thrown in his cubbie...usually old school work that I would like to keep. Maybe add some color on the walls, a new window treatment and I have one more picture to hang up. Also, I need to go thru his clothes and weed out what no longer fits.
  • Blake's Room. I have two more pictures that need to be hung up and get all the laundry clear, clean up his closet and his room will be done. This task should be easy.
  • My Room. I would love to buy new bed sheets. We only have one set and it would just be nice to have an extra. I have a few picture frames that I love but have yet to put pictures in them...it's not like I don't have a zillion pictures to choose from. I also need to go thru my clothes once again because I just don't wear what I have for one reason or another so I need to purge these items out of my life.
  • Kid's Bathroom. I just would like to paint the walls. I already have the paint. Just need to wait till Robert goes to the deer lease (he he) because he freaks out with color on the walls in this house for some reason. lol.
  • Kitchen. No major adjustments here. There are a few decorating things I would like to add. Organize the pantry maybe. One of these years (when we win the lotto) I want to get new counter tops and a new sink.
  • Scrapbooks. This is a never ending project with me, which I'm fine with. But since being in this house I hardly find time to scrap. This is one of my hobbies that I love and it is my way of perserving my family's memories. I must make more time for this.
  • Photography. I've always loved taking pictures but after my photography class week it has added fuel to my obsession. I take pics of everything now...not just people. But that's ok. I am starting a photo-a-day to work on my skills.
  • Being an awesome mom. I think I'm a pretty good mom, but lets be realalistic...there is always room for improvement.
  • Being a loving "perfect" wife. lol. That's funny! But really, since Blake came my sleep hours have been thrown off and Robert and I haven't had time for just us in forever. We actually had dinner just the two of us the other night and I will say....it was weird. We are in desperate need of a date night.

I could go on and on but this is a good list to start with. I would like to look back on it in a month and see where I'm at but in all reality, until Jamie's wedding, I don't have any free time to takle most of this.

I hope everyone has a wonderful July 4th weekend. I will be with my family...relaxing, catching some rays and working on my photography skills (that's on the list)!

No comments:

Post a Comment