Monday, November 29, 2010

Dust Bunnies

I didn't realize how bad it had gotten. I haven't really done a "deep" cleaning since Blake has been born (keep in mind he just turned 10 months). Since my hubby and I got all the Christmas stuff out of the attic I thought it was a good time to clean the floors good before any Christmas stuff goes up in the house. We have wood floors, which I've learned to hate. They are just there so dust bunnies can easily collect now, this was never a problem when we had carpet. So, I got the vacuum out so I could start with the baseboards. Normally this would be an easy, quick and simple job....not so much when you have to watch your baby and this is his first time hearing the vacuum cleaner (Alexys normally vacuums before we get home). He screamed bloody murder, so I did it in spurts. I even flipped the couches and vacuumed under there as well. After all that was done I put up the tree. No ornaments, but the tree is up with lights and the room is clean.

Tonight Devon and I will put the ornaments on the tree. I like to do this as a family but I'm over "making" them do it. I shouldn't have to pull teeth to do traditions so I'll do them without them. Robert does at least put the angel on the tree for me but Alexys is just over the whole thing. Whatev!

This will be Blake's first Christmas! And our first Christmas as a happy party of 5! I want to decorate big this year and enjoy time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment