Monday, November 15, 2010

30 Day Challenge- Day 9

Someone you didn't want to let go, but drifted away.

I could think of several people to put here.

In high school, there was a group of us, Laura, Melissa, Keri, Marie and me! We were together alot to say the least. Laura was a year older than us. After Laura graduated...things just seemed to fall apart. I don't feel that Laura was the glue that held us together...I think we all just started changing. Through all the years (graduated in 97) I really only kept in touch with Melissa. Laura, Keri and Marie are my facebook friends...but really, we never comment on one another. Melissa and I have a good email talking about life every few months (speaking of which, we are overdue).

I think in reality, after high school it is hard to stay close to the same people. You find your self and everyone grows in a different way. I guess that is ok, I have had friends to take their place, but I still miss them from time to time.

3 comments:

  1. awww what a great way to remember old friends! i think sometimes just distance or growing apart in goals/ambitions can make you grow apart from friends. i've found that facebook is somewhat a good way to keep in touch though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god its soo true...and im way too lazy to make new friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I've never seen you comment on my blog before....are your a stepmom to your older girls?

    If so are you custodial? Would love to pick your brain about how they adjusted to a new little brother (if I'm assuming correctly that they're your stepdaughters). Anyway, your blog is great...glad you found me ; )

    ReplyDelete