Friday, October 8, 2010

Thirty Day Challenge-Day Three

Something you have to forgive yourself for I've struggled with this one. There are several things I would like to forgive myself for, some that I don't want to mention on here and are kind of dumb anyways. But I think I'm going to have to copy Amber LaShell Rants and forgive myself for not being perfect. Me in general I've always accepted not being perfect. I mean, I know I'm not the "prettiest" or "smartest" and I don't fit most people's "ideal" weight. I'm talking about something else. I always strive to be the perfect wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, and co-worker and feel that I often fall short. I think sometimes I play it off well, but those who know me (well) know that these things mean the world to me. It defines who I am. I would do just about anything for most people, no lie. Birthdays, anniversaries, AA birthdays, deaths, just because.....I send out cards for all that, people expect that of me. I have slacked off in that department and I feel awful about it. It's just a card, why do I put so much weight in that. Because! Just a card...can totally brighten a person's day, and I like to do that. But I must forgive myself for the things I'm not always able to do. I've slacked in buying cards because I've been busy being a mom to three kids! I'm not complaining, I love being a mom. But I went from being a full time mom of one to a full time mom of three in just a few short months. It's an adjustment. Why should I stress about being a perfect sister? My sister isn't perfect... We should accept our flaws and move on, she'll always be my sister, right? A perfect daughter? What's perfect anyways? Kids are always changing regardless of their age. And I like to think no matter what...at the end of the day, my mom is pretty proud of the girl she raised. Society dictates what is considered perfect but I think...no one is really perfect. That's what makes us all so different and..well, fun if you ask me. So I accept and forgive me for not being perfect. And I think that is ok! What do you need to forgive yourself for?

2 comments:

  1. No one is perfect. I don't think I would want to be perfect. We are who we are, that is what makes each of us different and unique. Don't be so hard on yourself. I use to be like that also. I can't be who I'm not. I just hope that all my friends and family love me for who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog.. and thanks for the shoutout... I try to be a perfect wife, and daughter too sometimes i feel as though I am a child playing house and that soon someone is going to catch me wearing my mom's shoes..

    check out my blog @ amberlashell.com

    ReplyDelete