Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Why I do it

Remember last Friday? I did a guest post for Jaci over at Ravings of a Mad Housewife, you can read it here. I was SO excited. My first guest post. Jaci posted it early Friday morning. By Saturday, I regretted doing it. I felt attacked, like I needed to defend my husband. I know in my post i vented about my hubby, but I thought it was done in a "funny" way. Since then, I haven't felt like blogging.
Until today! Jaci sent me a sweet email! She pointed out that normal sane people see the humor in things but once you get one negative comment...others follow. Also, Jaci has decided to take a brake from her blog. I am sad about this but totally understand why, read here. She also refers to how we give people just a glimpse of our life so they can totally judge everything that we are.
I was scared to blog after my guest post. I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I don't want people to think I have a bad husband. I think it is safe to say that we have all done at least ONE post "in the moment".
I then remembered why I started blogging. I never thought that anyone would actually follow me, especially people that didn't know me. I started my blog to get "stuff" out of my head. Then I started following craft blogs and decorating ones. So I started adding photos of crafts or decorating rooms. My blog is ever changing. It's whatever I want it to be that day or even that post. IT'S MY BLOG! I'll do what I want and I shouldn't be worried about what others think, right? If you don't like it, you can just delete me and I'll carry on.
I wish everyone a wonderful Tuesday! Enjoy your day, your children, your husband...and yes, even your blog.
btw...Jaci, your email made my day.

1 comment:

  1. aweee...this post made MY day. :)

    One thing I've learned from this whole blogging experience...and getting big enough to have haters and anonholes...write like no one is reading. Write what you want to read.

    And for every negative comment? Remember there were over 500 other people who hit your site that day and laughed or related or "got it". :)

    ReplyDelete