Thursday, August 19, 2010

No biggie....really!

I know it has been awhile since I've blogged and that is SO unlike me. I was busy this past weekend with my sister's wedding (but that's another post in itself). This is my 50th post! I wanted to be something awesome and interesting....but I've got nothing. I have a few blog topics in the works but I didn't want my 50th to not go unnoticed. So I've decided to look back at one of my previous posts, Get it Together , and see where I am now with a few of these things. Keep in mind, it's only been a month in a half.
  • Planning skills....well, I meant well! I bought a planner, filled it out, stuck it in my purse...and it has not seen the light of day since! Honestly, if it wasn't for my calender at work that I write everything on (work and personal) I don't think I would know which end was up anymore.
  • Organizing! This hasn't gotten to far. Alexys now lives with us and by the grace of God has been helping me with house work. I still have yet to clean my closet...but I have good intentions (does that count).
  • Devon's room....still undecorated! On the upside, I have gone through his closet and gotten rid of unnecessary clutter.
  • Blake's room...go me, I did get my mother to hang up those two pictures. But I also have a new basket of laundry to be done. Also, I know have a nice throw up stain on the floor that I've been waiting for my wonderful hubby to clean up.
  • My room..nothing has been done! Go figure, I always take care of myself last. Sad thing is, the picture frames, I just need to print the damn pictures!
  • Photography! I have at least worked on this. I did a mommy and me shoot for my sister-in-law and nephew. It was crazy hot and I had Blake so it was far from my best work. We have planned a second session soon!
  • Being an awesome mom! I think I work on this from a day to day basis...but surely I'm pretty cool because my darling step-daughter loves me like her own! Being away from my kids this past weekend really made me think about them (more than often). Alexys went with us for the rehearsal dinner and I introduced her as my daughter all night. I loved it...but my heart did break a little when people called me out and I had to admit that she was my step. God brought her to me for a reason so no matter how it happened...she's still my daughter too. This was the first weekend I was away from Blake so long and I loved that Alexys sent me pics of him! Both the boys are growing up so fast! I knew Devon was enjoying his weekend with PawPaw!
  • Being a loving "perfect" wife....a work in progress! Luckily for me, my husband knows how much I love him because I've been slacking. He knows me so well....during my sister's wedding since I was in it, he took pics when he could! Kudos to you for being the loving "perfect" husband...you rock!

That's an update in a nutshell. Life is crazy but it is what it is. Like I said, I have several other things in the works so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment